ČZ a.s. – engineering since 1919
The Turbo division has been part of ČZ a.s. over 30 years and manufactures turbochargers for combustion engines.
ČZ a.s. started manufacturing turbochargers in 1982 on licence from the German firm KKK. The licence was for K27 and K36 size turbochargers mainly for domestic manufacturers of vehicle and tractor engines. The licence contract meant we regularly received technical innovations according to the technical development of the licence provider. All commitments from the licence ended in 1986.
Further development and mainly completion of our range with the C1 series turbochargers in 1994 was based on our own development using the construction and technological knowledge gained during the licence period.
In 1997 we made our first series deliveries to John Deere and in 2006 we became their supplier of the year.
In 2008 the new C0 series of turbochargers was introduced for engines up to 50kW.
In 2009 we started series deliveries to AGCO Power and, at the same time, the new C31 series of turbochargers was introduced.
In 2011 we manufactured and sold our 2,000,000th turbocharger only six years from selling our 1,000,000th turbocharger.
In 2013 we purchased the 5-axis HERMLE milling centre.
In 2014 a new test laboratory was built for long-term cyclic turbocharger tests.